AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The aim of English Language teaching in our school embraces the following aspects.
- Fostering the notion of independent and lifelong learning among students.
- Developing students' potentials and strategies in learning English.
- Promoting teachers' language proficiency and professionalism.
- Creating a rich and progressive English learning environment.
- Boosting the role of English and EMI teaching in school and the local community.
It is envisaged that English Language teaching in our school will result in:
- students knowing how and being motivated to access library resources and computer-assisted packages to facilitate their learning
- students being taught and encouraged to acquire study and examination skills in reading, writing, listening and speaking
- creating an environment conducive to using the target language in a leisurely manner
- students participating actively and voluntarily in English-related activities, both inside and outside school, to widen their scope and experiences in using English
- teachers perfecting their teaching quality
- teachers having the chance to conduct research and try out new ideas in teaching and curriculum planning
- bringing about harmonious collaborative efforts towards the use of English among panel members and EMI teachers